This program is recommended for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, medical assistants, care managers, care coordinators, and mental health professionals (including substance abuse counselors, social workers, psychologists, school counselors, and marriage and family therapists), and other professionals interested in this subject.
- Recognize the epidemiology of stimulant use disorder and current data trends on use of stimulants
- Define stimulant use disorder and apply theories of pathophysiology
- Identify signs and symptoms of a patient with stimulant use disorder
- Describe behavioral therapy methods and pharmacotherapy options for stimulant use disorder
- Interpret stigma, bias, health equity and disparities among people who use drugs
- Identify harm reduction strategies for people who use stimulants